Being served with a summons and complaint in a litigation case can be scary.And if you own your own business there is a good chance you will be sued at some point in time. So, I have created a little check sheet to check off when you are served so you can have a plan of action.
1. Mark the date you were served. You will have 20 days (if you are personally served) or 30 days to respond to the Complaint.
2. Read the Complaint thoroughly so you understand why you are being sued.
3. Find any and all records and documents you have concerning the circumstances of the lawsuit.
4. Research lawyers that practice in the type of law that relates to your lawsuit. i.e. for breach of contracts, a business litigation attorney.
5. Have a consultation with an attorney. But give yourself and the attorney enough time to respond to the Complaint.
6. Find the right attorney. Not every attorney or client are a good fit together. So give yourself enough time to find an attorney you are comfortable with.
Thank you for reading, my business is to protect your business!
Watch the video above to learn more.
I would love to talk more about your business. Click here to schedule a time to talk.