Over the years I have seen a lot of people lose lawsuits. Whether it is an opposing party or my own client. No matter the type of case, I see the same problems occur time and again.
So, I have compiled the following top 5 reasons why you lost your case and your money.
1. Trust- This is far and away the most common reason someone loses their case. They trusted the other party to do the right thing. Whether it was trusting a gold jeweler who said come back tomorrow for your money or trusting a boyfriend enough to co-sign a loan on their behalf, trust comes back to bite them.
2. Not Paying for an Expert Witness- If you are a homeowner and are suing a general contractor, you are not an expert who can testify that the contractor did shoddy work. If you are a patient, you are not an expert who can testify that a doctor performed malpractice. If you are a car owner, you are not an expert who can testify that the mechanic performed negligent work. Etc…
3. No documentation- If you are suing based on a breach of contract and do not provide the contract you will lose. If you are suing based on property damage and you fail to provide proof of what you paid to fix the damage, you will lose.
4. Doing it Yourself-You may have the best case in the world, but if you do not have an attorney, you most likely do not know how to communicate your case properly.
5. You are a Lousy Witness-Cases get lost when the client gets on the witness stand and suddenly does not know what 2+2 is. Simple concepts fail them. They get so flustered that they contradict themselves constantly. There is no redo on the witness stand.
Thank you for reading, my business is to protect your business!
Watch the video above to learn more.